The DSRA BT offers Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for Salaried and Hourly retirees of Delphi. Life insurance (Term Plan) is also offered for Salaried retirees. You will find in this section information on plan coverages available, premium rates, co-pays, annual deductibles, and coinsurance responsibility each of which impact your total out of pocket medical services cost. Eligibility qualification and enrollment is administered for all coverages offered by the Trust through Benistar, our new Plan Administrator. Benistar will handle all pre-65 and post 65 plans for medical, dental, vision and life coverage. BCBS of Michigan will remain the insurance carrier for all pre-65 medical plans and no matter the age, for all dental and vision coverage.
- For pre-65 retirees, dependents and surviving spouses, BCBS of Michigan provides the Trust with four health care plans, at the Gold, Silver, Bronze and the Copper level. The Bronze and Copper plans are our (HDHP) high deductible health plan offering and are eligible to work in conjunction with your Health Savings Account (HSA). The Gold plan is a bundled plan that includes dental and vision coverage.
- Hopefully for 2020, the HCTC Advance Monthly Payment (AMP) process will continue to be available through the IRS. Once enrolled, the enrollee pays 27.5% of the premium to the IRS each month. The IRS will then pay 100% of the premium to BCBSM. If you are enrolling in the HCTC AMP, all four of the plan options available to you ie…Gold/Silver/Bronze and Copper, will all be automatically bundled with Dental and Vision coverage. Unbundling dental and vision is not an option. The total premium for these bundled plans is eligible for the AMP at the 72.5% subsidy level.
- Gold Plan - Summary of Benefits & Coverage's
- Silver Plan - Summary of Benefits & Coverage's
- Bronze Plan - Summary of Benefits & Coverage's
- Copper Plan - Summary of Benefits & Coverage's
- BCBSM - Med Disabled Plan Coverage
- For both pre and post-65 retirees, their dependents and surviving spouses, BCBS of Michigan provides the Trust with dental insurance. Dental insurance may be purchased separately if you do not purchase the Gold Health Care Plan and you are not enrolled in one of the HCTC Advance Monthly Payment plans.
- For both pre and post-65 retirees, their dependents and surviving spouses, BCBS of Michigan provides the Trust with vision coverage. Vision insurance may be purchased separately if you do not purchase the Gold Health Care Plan and you are not enrolled in one of the HCTC Advance Monthly Payment plans.
- For post-65 retirees, spouses and surviving spouses, Hartford Insurance and Benistar/ESI provide the Trust with a Group Health Care Plan that includes Rx and operates like a Medicare Supplement plan. Additionally, you are no longer required to purchase the Rx plan from the Trust. You can now purchase a Rx plan from the carrier of your choice to meet the Medicare requirement.
For 2020 for our post-65 members, the Trust no longer has its partnership with Select Quote Senior (SQS). You may still work directly with Select Quote Senior by contacting a licensed Insurance Agent at 1-855-804-6766. This service acts as your personal broker, at no charge to you, and searches the Health Plans available in your area (Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement and Prescription Plans) that best fit your personal health needs and your pocketbook. Through its Medicare exchange, SQS provides unbiased price comparisons from insurance carriers to offer you competitive rates on health insurance plans.