The DSRA BT offers Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for Salaried and Hourly retirees of Delphi. Life insurance (Term Plan) is also offered for Salaried retirees. You will find in this section information on plan coverages available, premium rates, co-pays, annual deductibles, and coinsurance responsibility each of which impact your total out of pocket medical services cost. Eligibility qualification is administered for the Trust through BCBS of Michigan for pre-65 medical and all dental and vision coverage. Eligibility qualification for post-65 medical and all life insurance coverage will continue to be administered for the Trust through Mercer.
- For pre-65 retirees, dependents and surviving spouses, BCBS of Michigan provides the Trust with four health care plans, at the Gold, Silver, Bronze and the Copper level. The Bronze and Copper plans are our (HDHP) high deductible health plan offering and are eligible to work in conjunction with your Health Savings Account (HSA). The Gold plan is a bundled plan that includes dental and vision coverage.
- For 2019, the HCTC Advance Monthly Payment (AMP) process continues to be available through the IRS. Once enrolled, the enrollee pays 27.5% of the premium to the IRS each month. The IRS will then pay 100% of the premium to BCBSM. If you are enrolling in the HCTC AMP, all four of the plan options available to you ie…Gold/Silver/Bronze and Copper, will all be automatically bundled with Dental and Vision coverage. Unbundling dental and vision is not an option. The total premium for these bundled plans is eligible for the AMP at the 72.5% subsidy level.
- For both pre and post-65 retirees, their dependents and surviving spouses, BCBS of Michigan provides the Trust with dental insurance. Dental insurance may be purchased separately if you do not purchase the Gold Health Care Plan and you are not enrolled in one of the HCTC Advance Monthly Payment plans.
- For both pre and post-65 retirees, their dependents and surviving spouses, BCBS of Michigan provides the Trust with vision coverage. Vision insurance may be purchased separately if you do not purchase the Gold Health Care Plan and you are not enrolled in one of the HCTC Advance Monthly Payment plans.
- For post-65 retirees, spouses and surviving spouses, Hartford Insurance and Benistar/ESI provide the Trust with a Group Health Care Plan that includes Rx and operates like a Medicare Supplement plan. Additionally, you are no longer required to purchase the Rx plan from the Trust. You can now purchase a Rx plan from the carrier of your choice to meet the Medicare requirement.
- Again for 2019 for our post-65 members, the Trust has partnered with Select Quote Senior (SQS). This service will act as your personal broker, at no charge to you, and search the Health Plans available in your area (Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement and Prescription Plans) that best fit your personal health needs and your pocketbook. Through its Medicare exchange, SQS provides unbiased price comparisons from insurance carriers to offer you competitive rates on health insurance plans.