TeleHealth Services for Pre-65 BCBSM Medical Plan Participants during the COVID-19 Pandemic
TeleHealth Services for Post-65 Medicare Participants during the COVID-19 Pandemic
** URGENT COVID-19 Impact on HCTC AMP Enrollee Payment Process **
Due to the uncertainty of the IRS/HCTC maintaining an uninterrupted payment process for DSRA Benefit Trust HCTC AMP members during the COVID-19 pandemic, the IRS has agreed to allow our members to make their May 2020 27.5% premium payment in advance. This temporary policy will allow DSRA Benefit Trust participants to make ONE additional payment, on or before April 10, for their May 27.5% BCBSM premium. Making the additional 27.5% HCTC AMP May premium payment will ensure you will not have to pay 100% of the May BCBSM premium in the event the IRS/HCTC department or US Bank that processes the payments is restricted from entering their offices which is necessary to process the 27.5% premium payments. Below is an outline for making a second payment by April 10th. DO NOT SEND TWO PAYMENTS AT THE SAME TIME AND DO NOT SEND ONE CHECK FOR TWO PAYMENTS! THE TWO SEPARATE PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE AT LEAST 5 DAYS APART.
- The second 27.5% HCTC AMP premium payment for May must be mailed no sooner than 5 days after your first 27.5% HCTC AMP premium payment for April (e.g.- if you mailed your April payment on March 25th, you can mail the May payment on March 30th)
- The second (May) 27.5% HCTC AMP premium payment must arrive to the IRS/HCTC by April 10th
- If you have already mailed your April 27.5% HCTC AMP premium, you can send the second payment for May five days from the date you mailed your first payment.
- If you have not mailed the April 27.5% HCTC AMP premium payment, you will need to do this immediately in order to have time to make the second (May) premium payment by April 10th.
- If you make two payments at the same time or two payments within less than a five-day time, your second premium payment will be returned to you and you will not have made a premium payment for May.
- Remember to include IRS #13973 Payment Coupon with both payments
- After making the second (May) premium payment by April 10th, you will not have to make another premium payment until the June 10th deadline.
** 24 Hour/7 Day Nurse Help Line – TeleHealth Services for Pre-65 BCBSM Medical Plan Participants during the COVID-19 Pandemic **
The 24 Hour/7 Day Nurse Help Line (TeleHealth) is available to Pre-65 BCBSM Medical plan participants. This program continues to be available to Pre-65 BCBSM plan participants as it has been in the past however, you may not have used or needed this service before this time. The 24 Hour/7 Day Nurse Help Line phone number can be found on the back of your BCBSM Medical Card. If you have the need to speak with a trained medical expert and would prefer to talk to them over the phone, while at home, use the toll free number on the back of your BCBSM Medical Card for “24HR/7Day Nurse Help Line” to contact them. This benefit is especially helpful during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
** TeleHealth Service Information for Post-65 Medicare Participants during the COVID-19 Pandemic **
As Medicare is the primary coverage, please refer to the Medicare website for information on coverage related to coronavirus https://www.medicare.gov/medicare-coronavirus. Any services approved by Medicare are covered by the Hartford retiree health plan the same as any other illness and based on the client’s specific plan. For some coronavirus services Medicare is covering 100% and there are no deductibles or copays. TeleHealth services covered by original Medicare have been expanded. Contact your Medicare physician or facility to understand their availability to the services they provide via phone, email or teleconference. Please visit https://www.medicare.gov/medicare-coronavirus#500 for more information.
DSRA Benefit Trust Board of Directors