Our annual Open Enrollment period is just around the corner. It’s time to start thinking about your 2020 benefit elections. Open enrollment is your opportunity to change plan options, add family members to the plan, or perhaps enroll in a benefit plan for the first time. If you choose to elect the same plans as 2019, no action is required.
Due to recent plan pricing updates and the HCTC reauthorization timeline, Open Enrollment and OE materials have been delayed this year. Pre-65, Post-65 and Dental and Vision Guides have all been posted at the DSRA-BT website. Please view the online guide if you would like to review the information prior to receiving your guide during the first week of November by mail.
The open enrollment period is as follows:
PRE-65 & PRE-65 MEDICARE DISABLED
November 1st – November 15th
November 1st – December 7th
As we prepare for our annual open enrollment period, please be aware of the following information.
- At this time, the HCTC program has not been extended past 12/31/2019. If the HCTC is reauthorized after the current Open Enrollment, we will offer another Open Enrollment period to permit changes to your healthcare elections.
- Benistar will be the plan administrator for pre-65 and Medicare disabled medical, and all dental and vision plans.
- Benistar will be the plan administrator for our post-65 medical and voluntary life plans.
- Benistar will be the plan administrator for Guardian Life Insurance.
- DSRA-BT new Insurance Broker beginning in 2020 is Cone Retiree Healthcare
- Open Enrollment Guides will be mailed and are posted to the DSRA-BT website
- Please pay close attention to where to send your enrollment forms for 2020 open enrollment or updating – all forms including the IRS form 13441-A will go to:
By mail: Benistar DSRA-BT Client Service Center
10 Tower Lane, Suite 100
Avon, CT 06001
By fax: (860)408-7025
For any questions regarding the plans offered in 2020 or other Open Enrollment matters, contact Benistar, our new plan administrator, beginning November 1st at 1-888-588-6682.
DSRA-Benefit Trust Board of Directors