Published on Thursday, 28 August 2014 09:31
Two of the payment methods that we have previously provided information on to you are not available currently to participants in the DSRA BT. They are:
- Utilization of your personal bank (checking or savings) bill pay service. With 3 days left in the month, we would advise all to set up their payment by calling BCBSM and allowing them to draft the payment from your checking account.
- Making a one time payment with a credit card over the phone. We have no information at this time as to when and if this method of payment will ever be made available to our members.
When you call BCBSM at 877-354-2583, please use menu choice- I am already a member.This will expedite the handling of your payment.
Thank you for your continuing support.
DSRA-BT, Board of Directors
Last Updated on Thursday, 28 August 2014 09:33
Published on Tuesday, 19 August 2014 14:00
BCBS OF MICHIGAN BILLING / INVOICE UPDATE
CHANGES TO THE DSRA-BENEFIT TRUST THIRD PARTY ADMINISTRATOR, EFFECTIVE September 1, 2014
Important! BCBSM discovered after several calls from our members over the weekend that they incorrectly rated the participants in our Gold plans. What this means is if you have the Gold plan your invoice will be overstated by the following amounts:
They have already sent a request to their rate control group to correct the rates. Members are asked to pay as billed and they will see the adjustment in their next bill. This impacts about 334 contracts.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 August 2014 14:01Read more: BCBS OF MICHIGAN BILLING / INVOICE UPDATE
Published on Monday, 11 August 2014 12:48
As we shared with you in our previous announcements, the Board of the DSRA-BT made the decision to move all Pre-65 medical and Pre and Post-65 dental and vision Third Party Administrator (TPA) responsibilities from Mercer (formerly Marsh) to BCBS of Michigan. This is the final communication to inform you about this transition.
Important! The letter that was recently mailed from BCBSM has the customer service phone number incorrect. If you’ve saved this letter, please note that the correct number is 1-877-354-2583. This number is also on the back of your BCBS ID card.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 August 2014 14:04Read more: CHANGES TO THE DSRA-BENEFIT TRUST THIRD PARTY ADMINISTRATOR, EFFECTIVE September 1, 2014
AUGUST is Transition Month for the BCBS Eligibility and Billing Services to BCBS of Michigan from Mercer
Published on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 15:56
AUGUST is Transition Month for the BCBS Eligibility and Billing Services to BCBS of Michigan from Mercer. The following letter was mailed to all affected participants: Letter (revised 8-9-14)
Here is a link to a sample invoice: invoice
Last Updated on Sunday, 10 August 2014 21:40
Published on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 21:32
As we shared with you in our previous announcements, the Board of the DSRA-BT made the decision to move all Pre-65 medical and Pre and Post-65 dental and vision Third Party Administrator (TPA) responsibilities from Mercer (formerly Marsh) to BCBS of Michigan. This is the fourth communication to inform you about this transition.
Two of your board members are actively involved in the weekly meetings between Mercer and BCBSM. The transition continues to be on track.
Your first invoice from BCBSM will be mailed the week of August 11th for September coverage. There are different payment plans available through BCBSM to meet your needs. The below payment options do not require a processing fee:
- You can enroll online through BCBSM Member Secured Services at http://www.bcbsm.com to view your invoice and make a onetime monthly payment utilizing your checking or savings account.
- Take advantage of the automated payment plans utilizing your checking or savings account online through BCBSM Member Secured Services at http://www.bcbsm.com.
- For those that utilize their personal bank account electronic payment service, you will be provided with the required BCBSM account and payment address information with the first BCBSM invoice that will be issued in August. If you need the payment information previous to receipt of the first invoice, please call BCBSM customer service, but not before August 1st.
- Call BCBSM customer service using the number on your invoice or the back of your BCBSM ID card to make payment over the phone with your checking or savings accounts.
- Credit card payments ONLY can be made by calling the Payment Processing Center at 1-888-772-1002
- As always, you can mail your payment to BCBSM, following the directions on your invoice.
Please wait until you’ve received your first invoice to set up automated payments. If you are currently on EFT with Mercer, there is no action required on your account with them. It will automatically lapse.
Those people who are turning 65 in the next couple months should have already received a package from Mercer. Please work with them if you want to sign up for a Medicare supplement plan. If you’ve used the forms that were mailed to you, Mercer will work with BCBSM to coordinate dental and vision coverage or you can contact BCBSM directly. If you have family members who will continue with BCBSM, no action is required. Your spouse and / or dependents will automatically be converted to a new contract with your existing plan.
Once again, we’d like to remind participants of two ways they can help. First, if you are not on EFT, please look carefully at your bill. We need everyone who has a debit shortage or credit balance in his or her account with Mercer to clear these up before the transition, if at all possible. Credit balances will not transfer to BCBSM and you will probably have to wait until October to get a refund from Mercer. Secondly, please make every possible effort to get this months payment To Mercer for August in on time (by the 30th of July). This will help to make sure that all records are up to date as BCBSM takes over.
Please continue to direct any questions about eligibility, premium payment or issues to Mercer until August 1st at which time BCBSM will take over customer service responsibility.
You should be receiving a letter from BCBSM via regular mail later this month. They will include samples of invoices and the member enrollment form, which you will need to use to make any changes to your account. You will also receive your new ID card in a separate mailing slated for the week of July 28th.
Thank you for your continuing support.DSRA-BT, Board of Directors
Last Updated on Monday, 11 August 2014 12:51
- UPDATE #3 CHANGES TO THE DSRA-BENEFIT TRUST THIRD PARTY ADMINISTRATOR, EFFECTIVE September 1, 2014
- UPDATE #2 CHANGES TO THE DSRA-BENEFIT TRUST THIRD PARTY ADMINISTRATOR, EFFECTIVE September 1, 2014
- HCTC Update Communication
- CHANGES TO THE DSRA-BENEFIT TRUST THIRD PARTY ADMINISTRATOR, EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2014